You are here : Departments  >  Municipal Court
Municipal Court



Russell F. Ethridge has been the Municipal Judge since 1998, and he was first licensed to practice law in 1980. For the majority of the past twenty-four years, the Judge has focused his practice on civil and criminal litigation and trial work.  Judge Ethridge has resided in the City of Grosse Pointe for over forty years. He is married to Debra J. Wright, M.D., and together they have three children.                                                                                                                                                                                      

Grosse Pointe Municipal Court
17147 Maumee Avenue
Grosse Pointe, MI 48230                                       
Telephone: 313-343-5262
Email - gpccourt@grossepointecity.org

Business Hours
Monday – Friday
8:30 am to 5:00 pm

Need a Court form? - click here

TICKET FINES - EFFECTIVE 1/1/2012 (Revised 6/13/14)
 Pursuant to the Performance Measures Implementation Plan, the SCAO has posted the Grosse Pointe Municipal Court Performance Measures to its website.

GENERAL INFORMATION - To set up a court date, for general information or to pay a fine or ticket, please contact the Municipal Court during regular business hours. The Municipal Court accepts cash, checks, certified checks and money orders.

The Grosse Pointe Municipal Court is in session twice a month on Thursday beginning at 8:00 am.    Please click here for court dates.

If you need to set up a court date, please contact the Court Clerk at 313-343-5262.

Location of Grosse Pointe Municipal Court Offices
Court Offices are located at 17147 Maumee Avenue, Grosse Pointe, MI 48230. 2 ½ blocks east of Cadieux Road, and 1 block north of Jefferson Avenue.

Location of Grosse Pointe Municipal Court Chambers
If you have a court date, the Municipal Court Chambers are located within the Grosse Pointe Public Safety Building at 17145 Maumee Avenue (across the parking lot from the court offices). Please use the rear entrance marked “Council/Court Chambers” on your scheduled court date.

Please be advised that the court staff is unable to provide legal counsel. Please contact an attorney for advice.